Thank you for visiting! Here you can learn more about some of the projects I worked on, how I approached different challenges, and what their outcome was.
I am currently working in Citrix on the end-to-end experience of the next generation SaaS project under the GoToAssist umbrella. When not working, I am exploring beautiful Karlsruhe in Germany where I moved from Zagreb, Croatia.
My greatest satisfaction is learning from user research about key drivers that can make users happy and excited about our product. I enjoy collaborating with the team to discover new techniques that help us offer a great experience. Aligning design decisions
with data provides me with a good foundation when talking to stakeholders. Being passionate about the ease of use allows me to make design decisions that offer a delightful experience and good usability.
Bringing design thinking to the team builds compassion for users and helps us share the vision and understand that we are here to build the tools our users need to solve their problems. Sharing this goal helps us build better products.
I enjoy solving complex challenges in simple ways that are always fun. Usually these simple solutions require more exploration but in the end, it is worth investing time in exhausting all of the options until the clearest one is left. I found out that exploring beyond established patterns, personally and professionally, results in learning a lot along the way. Here are some selected projects that were great experience. You will see that some of them are not digital, but the design process from challenge to outcome is pretty much the same.
Through these projects I want to demonstrate some fuzzy skills and my thoughts through design stories rather than just project outcomes. I would appreciate any constructive feedback if you run into some obstacles along your journey – hope you will enjoy it.
Check out more projects I worked on
Skills & Strengths
I had an opportunity to participate in various activities, which included recruiting participants for user research, interviewing design candidates to holding innovation workshops. Here are some of the skills I am passionate about and found to be essential to a healthy product and team.
Learn from research
Working with excellent design and product teams we were able to set up personas and conduct research early. This resulted in huge benefits for the product in the long run. I also enjoy facilitating feedback from the team and presenting research findings to the stakeholders.
Agile design workflow
As the design team we employed the Unicorn Workflow, which resulted in a flexible design framework that was really fast to iterate with. Our hand-off process to developers was synchronized through Sketch > InVision > Confluence & Zeplin, saving us a lot of time. I love to hold weekly UX Cheese sessions with developers (mostly solving usability glitches) to keep our product smooth.
I enjoy staying up to date with the current tools, most recently Principle, which resulted in meaningful interactions for our product. This increased usability in some cases and added delightful details to the product. It also saved a lot of time facilitating interactions between design and front-end.
Data driven goals
In our latest project, we needed more insight into how our product is being used. I proposed something called HEART framework, which enabled us with gathering great insight regarding how users interact as well as the ability to make better data-driven design decisions.
Read, Write & Listen
Recently, I found out that I really enjoy holding workshops. Even though I am just a beginner at public speaking, I enjoying learning from my attempts to teach. I held some Design Thinking and Sketching workshops recently, which our development teams found useful as it was just in time to brush their ideas for the Hackweek. It helped us discover some hidden talent as well as to introduce them to design processes.
Growing as a team
Getting involved and helping other departments in our company led me to an opportunity to assist in the organization of a Hack-a-thon and Hackweek, which resulted in some amazing insight into business principles and a grassroots approach to innovation.
As my reflection to these skills – in the future I would like to move a bit further away from craftsmanship into the big picture thinking and driving products onto a healthy and sustainable path. Whether it is establishing the UX design framework, improving existing ones or just bringing additional knowledge to the team.
Found something interesting? Let’s talk about it!
Experience & Education
I worked for a few design studios and advertising agencies on branding and websites prior to pivoting my career into strictly digital product design. I enjoyed working as a freelance designer on some self-initiated products. I’ve covered design roles from a “one man UX” team to working with the full design team, including researchers and editors. From time to time, I enroll in Coursera or Skillshare courses to practice or just learn fun new skills. I enjoy hoarding knowledge, rethinking what I learned and then sharing that.
+ UX Designer - Citrix (Current)
Citrix, GoToAssist, CX EMEA Organisation
www.citrix.com / www.gotoassist.com
2015. – Present
I am currently working on the end-to-end experience of the next generation products under the GoToAssist umbrella. At Citrix I had the opportunity to improve my UX research skills as well as to build new products.
- Working with a development team on improving the software update process and rollout strategy. Providing UX solutions to address main generator of detractors.
- Supporting, then interim leading design role for Next Generation GoToAssist.
- Creating G2Atomic UI framework to increase frontend development, speed and easier integration of UI to other products.
- Establishing a quick hands-off flow with the introduction of live embed designs into documentation.
- Upgrading internal designer space to Design Center with the goal of transitioning it to an official design center for the product.
- Establishing UX goals and metrics framework for better data-driven decisions.
- Conducting remote user research for early concepts and presenting findings to the team and the stakeholders
- Conducting remote usability studies
- Designing with strong customer perspective supported by user research
- Development of information flow of the system and general information architecture
- Development of wire-frames, paper prototypes or animated screens
- Designing for Mobile & Web
- Collaboration with Product Development team – Producing assets, flows and style guides
- Conducting UX audits and mapping out user journeys
- Collaboration with Product Managers – Grooming user stories, supporting roadmap development, understanding business objectives
- Conducting UX audits of current user journey maps and presenting the results to management.
- Interviewing design candidates for open positions
+ UX/UI Designer- Asseco SEE
Asseco South Eastern Europe
2013. – 2015.
I was hired to work on the next generation of mobile banking applications. My role was to establish a new approach to mobile banking applications. My UX goal was to build a new white-label product that enables branding and customization to individual clients, while retaining usability and user experience across all platforms.
- Contributed to successful launch of the next generation white label mobile banking products
- Contributed to successful launch of the next generation white label mobile two-factor mobile applications
- Design for online personal finance manager software
- Branding of our white label mobile banking software solutions for multiple banks
- As first UX designer in the company I managed to establish essential UX processes
- Participating in Hackathon organisation for engineering students, producing deliverables for the event
- Information architecture – development of the process and information flow of the system
- Prototyping – development of wireframes, paper prototypes or simple interactive screens
- Cross-platform user experience
- iOS, Android and Windows phone interface and interaction design
- Strong cooperation with development team (producing assets, flows and style guides)
- Testing in terms of usability, consistency, cross-platform performance and UI/UX quality assurance
+ UI Designer - External Collaborator - NTH
2012. – 2013.
While working for NTH, I learned a lot about mobile UI patterns and cross platform experience while working on mobile web, Android and iPhone news portals.
- Produced around 20 UI interface adaptations of our white label mobile applications for different clients
- Automated the hand-off process of assets to developers
- Adapting the white label product branding for different clients
- Creating product offer presentations
- Responsive web UI
- Native applications UI
- Design, concept and preparation of assets for developers to implement
- Defining style guides for design before implementation
- Producing deliverables for developers
- Design audits after developer implementation
+ Visual Designer - Strka
2011. – 2012.
Strka is an advertising agency comprised of market communication specialists in the field of strategic planning. While working for Strka, I gained valuable experience working for large corporate clients like Visa. Being the only designer engaged on multiple projects, I have managed to incorporate previously gained knowledge into the agency portfolio, offering multiple services and thus extending the agency service’s offers. I had an opportunity to participate in various activities, which included recruiting participants for user research, interviewing design candidates to holding innovation workshops. Here are some of the skills I am passionate about and found to be essential to a healthy product and team.
- Web design (web-shops, micro sites, full websites)
- Advertising material production
- Visual identity
- Print production
- Catalog design
- WordPress administration
- Ideas and concept implementation
- Digital advertising (Adwords, Remarketing, SEO)
+ Junior Visual Designer - Indigo
2008. – 2011.
Indigo is an agency guided by the idea of uniting all forms of communication which offers customers the widest range of services in design, digital marketing, public relations and advertising.
- Web design (web-shops, microsites, full websites)
- Visual identity
- Pre-press production, books and catalogues design
- WordPress administration and maintenance
- Ideas and concept implementation
+ Master of Arts in Design
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Architecture, School of Design
Postgraduate in Visual communication,
2008 – 2010
“Optimization of Open Source Methodology with goal of improving user participation in community.”
Qualification for scientific and research work and specialization for work in profession, adopting critical, conceptual and practical approach, researching and education in field of visual communication, project management and managing processes in development of design in all of its aspects.
- Interactive media 1 | 2
- Creative communication and society
- Concepts and strategies development
- Movie and Video 1 | 2
- Scientific and research methods
+ Bachelor of Arts in Design
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Architecture, School of Design
Bachelor of Arts,
2005 – 2008
Basic profession knowledge and skills, basics of information structures and information systems, visual identity and set of rules that regulate them, shaping
information maps, interactive media applications, creating signage systems, product identity, packaging and advertising.
- Visual Communication
- Theory of Typography
- Illustration 1 | 2
- Graphic materials and printing
- Interactive Media
- History of Art, Modern Art
- Marketing 1 | 2
- Advanced techniques of computer and data presentation 1 | 2
- Design Management
+ Additional courses
Coursera, Computer Science at Stanford University, Scott Klemmer
- Rapid prototyping
- Heuristic evaluation
- Direct manipulation and representation
- Visual and information design
- Designing experiments
COURSERA, UNIVERSITY OF Pennsylvania, Kevin Werbach, 2013.
- Gamification and Games
- Deconstructing Games
- Motivation and Psychology
- Gamification in Perspective
Involvements & Awards
2006. Participation in Croatian design exhibition 040506
2007. Participation in Magdalena festival of creative communication for young people.
2007. Participation in “Interaction design workshop 2007“ (http://www.umas.hr/dvk/interactions/)
2009. Participation in Poster festival Ljubljana
2010. Participation “Sit down Zagreb” bench design competition
2010. Participation in Croatian design exhibition 0910
2010. Group Award of Croatian Design society for Best concept | Student category
2010. Participation in “Interaction design workshop 2010“
2010. Participation in Belgrade workshop: “Designer: author or universal soldier”
2011. First prize in the competition “The Rijeka Bench” organized by pogledaj.to portal and organizations Riječki Val
2012. Participation in the exhibition “Zgraf 2012”, Zagreb 2012. exhibition “Design Tourism: Croatian Holiday 2012”, Salone del Mobile, Ventura Lambarte, Milano; Festival Mikser, Beograd; Sofia Design Week, Sofia;
2012. Participation in the exhibition “Mikser Festival”, Beograd
2012. Participation in the festival “Dan D”, Zagreb
2015.Citrix Hack-week award for best productivity application